Accommodation for AFAD students
Information on accommodation options for students and accommodation application
Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava does not have in its possession and does not manage a student dormitory.
Based on the Agreement on the provision of accommodation services with Comenius University in Bratislava, or with other universities, AFAD acquires an opportunity to provide accommodation for a certain number of AFAD students every year. First-year students starting their bachelor´s programme are accommodated as first after their request submission.
Student applications are decided by the Accommodation Committee AS VŠVU. The committee is headed by the chairperson of the accommodation committee. The members of the commission are representatives of the student part of the Academic Senate of VŠVU. The committee works in cooperation with the vice-rector for studies and the study department of VŠVU.
Priorities for allocation of student housing at AFAD:
- Receivers of social scholarship, students with severe disabilities, students with special medical needs.
- First year students. In case of low housing capacity, the school can restrict this priority to first year students residing outside of the IDS BSK transit system only.
- Other students, based on commute length. In case of equal commute length, better study results have higher priority.
- Commute length is considered the typical commute duration on a school day in the morning from place of residency to a public transport station in Bratislava.
- Study results are calculated as weighted average of grades from previous two semesters.
An AFAD student or a newly admitted student who does not have a permanent residence in Bratislava can apply for accommodation on the basis of a written request for accommodation. The completed application must be submitted via AIS (in the left menu, Accommodation Application item). The application may also include decisive facts for accommodation allocation and the following step also allows to insert an attachment. The application can be saved after being revised.
Deadline for the application submission is 15 June of the current academic year in which the application is submitted.
The student is allocated accommodation for the entire academic year, not only for one semester. If the student decides not to accept the AFAD offer and find accommodation on his/her own, he/she is obliged to report this fact to the Study Office promptly.