Theory and History of Art
Core mission is to give its students big picture on history of art and culture, and to encourage them to think about their own artistic creation in wide, cultural- spiritual context, as well as in narrower, artistic context.
The Department of Theory and History of Art is a scientific-research and pedagogical unit. At the Department, internal and external doctoral students are trained within the accredited study programme History and Theory of Fine Arts and Architecture (2.1.8). Research activities are in accordance with the focus of the Department, as well as with professional profilation of the pedagogues and doctoral students.
They are aimed at:
- history of art, design and architecture
- theory of contemporary visual art
- theory of architecture.
Department of Theory and History of Art
- prof. Marián Zervan
- prof. Ladislav Čarný
- Assoc. Prof. Zdeno Kolesár, PhD.
- Assoc. Prof. Daniel Grúň, PhD.
- Assoc. Prof. Bohunka Koklesová, PhD.
- Asst. Prof. Juraj Žáry
- Asst. Prof. Silvia Seneši Lutherová, PhD.
- Asst. Prof. Norbert Lacko
- Asst. Prof. Beata Jablonská, PhD.
- Ján Kralovič, PhD.
- Asst. Prof. Michaela Pašteková, PhD.
- Monika Dobrovičová, PhD.
- prof. Zora Rusinová, PhD.
prof. PhDr. Ivan Rusina, CSc.
prof. PhDr. Peter Michalovič, PhD.
Mgr. Róbert Karul, PhD.
Mgr. Silvia Moravčáková
MUDr. Ladislav Šabo
Mgr. Juraj Čarný
Mgr. Dana Moderdovská
Mgr. Trasy Lesan
Mgr. Peter Máčaj
External employees for Supplementary pedagogical study:
Mgr. Barbora Malík
PhDr. Elena Ondrušková, PhD.
Mgr. Stano Masár, ArtD.
doc. Dr. Dušan Kostrub, PhD.
Mgr. Daniela Čarná, PhD.
MA Gabriela Kisová