Conservation and Restoration
Study of restoration is a founding department at the AFAD. In preparatory classes the students learn to orient themselves in painting or sculpture expressing and feeling, while from the beginning the understanding of the entire restoration process.
Students are guided to maximal artistic and ethical responsibility, and get acquainted with autonomous role of restorer in the structure of memorial care, gallery and museum practice. Students may specialize in the restoration of printed works of art, stone or wooden sculptures.
Department of Conservation and Restoration
- Studio of Artwork on Paper and Photography Restoration
- Studio of Stone Sculptures and Stone Architectural Elements Conservation and Restoration
- Studio of Easel and Panel Paintings Conservation and Restoration
- Studio of Wall Paintings Conservation and Restoration
- Studio of Wooden Sculptures Conservation and Restoration
- Studio of Textile Conservation and Restoration
- Studio of Sculptural Preparation for Conservators and Restorers
- Studio of Painting preparation for Conservators and Restorers
- Laboratory of Photography restoration
- Laboratory of Modern and Contemporary Painting Restoration
- prof. Boris Kvasnica
- Assoc. Prof. Xénia Bergerová, ArtD.
- Assoc. Prof. Sylvia Birkušová
- Assoc. Prof. Jana Karpjaková Balážiková
- Dipl. Rest. Dr. Paul Bernhard Eipper
- Asst. Prof. Ján Sikoriak
- Asst. Ľuba Wehlend
- Asst. Prof. Jana Blaško Križanová, ArtD.
- Asst. Zuzana Machatová, PhD.
- Asst. Barbora Němečková, ArtD.
- Asst. Jana Dušková
- Asst. Jakub Huba
- Asst. Ivan Pilný
- Asst. Kitti Baráthová
- Rosanna Báthoryová
RNDr. Roman Fíra, PhD.
Mgr. et Mgr. art Jan Kyncl, PhD.
Doc. Ing. Oto Makýš, PhD.
JUDr. Mgr. Tomáš Michalík, PhD.
Doc RNDr. Daniel Pivko, PhD.
Mgr. art. Jana Zaujecová, ArtD.
Mgr. art. Lucia Šefčíková
Mgr. art. Martina Šottová
Mgr. Rosanna Báthoryová
MgA. Radka Benžová
Mgr. art. Jana Dušková
Mgr. Ján Sikoriak