Mobility – the exchange stay at AFAD is offered for the duration of one or two semesters. For students visiting within the framework of the program Erasmus+ , Bilateral Agreement, Ceepus or Freemover, the study is free of charge. However, students may be asked to cover specific expenses associated with extra costs of administration procedures and support materials. A list of all currently valid inter-university agreements can be found on the web site in the AFAD.
Name of Institution in English:
Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava (AFAD)
Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18, 814 37 Bratislava, Slovakia
Number of students in 2020/2021:
- Bachelor 392
- Master 198
- Doctoral 55
Vice-Rector for International Cooperation:
Assoc. Prof. Marcel Benčík, ArtD.
Ms. Zuzana Wallnerova
Departments available for Exchange Students:
- Photography and New Media
- Printmaking and Other Media
- Design (Art Design, Industrial Design, Transport Design)
- Conservation and Restoration
- Sculpture, Object, Installation
- Theory and History of Art
- Textiles (Fashion Design, Fibre Art, Textile Design)
- Applied Art (Ceramics, Glass, Jewellery)
- Visual Communication
AFAD is not structured into faculties, but directly into twelve Departments and a Division of Drawing. This organization structure enables the Academy to be a flexible and open educational institution and to create interdisciplinary educational environment.
Language of Education:
Slovak/English (English proficiency level required at B1)
Application + Nomination Deadlines:
- Autumn Semester: 31/5 (from September to February)
- Spring Semester: 15/11 (from February to June)
How to apply:
After being nominated by your institution, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org following documents:
- Application Form
- Electronic portfolio (pdf/ppt)
- Proof of knowledge of English language (min B1 level. It may be issued by your home institution if they have sufficient knowledge about your language level.)
Student useful info:
You can find practical informations for students HERE
* AFAD can accept only a limited number of exchange students to guarantee individual approach. The selection is based on quality of student`s portfolio.
* Please notice, the form of Spring semester 2020/2021 is conditioned by the further development of the situation with COVID-19. At the moment, AFAD is planning to run the Spring semester with physical attendance of students, but we are obliged to follow governmental regulations and switch to online form or prolong the semester if necessary.
If you are interested in studying at AFAD in standard study, please check section Standard Study
Student Application Form 2021/2022 DOCX, 185 KB