Manifest "new architecture"
- Thinking about architecture has devalued to a question of typology wrapped in a fashionable facade;
- This is reflected not only in the appearance of cities, but also in how we use them and live in them;
- The architects who design and implement such architecture are responsible for this situation;
- These architects were trained at schools of architecture where they learned to think that way;
- We reject this view of architecture and we disassociate ourselves from it;
- We reject typology as a privileged instrument for architectural design;
- We reject the view of architecture as a primarily aesthetic discipline;
- We decided to change this and to teach students to think differently;
- Our assignments are simulators for thinking about architecture – like the wall for training emergency rescue units. All difficult situations are concentrated
- on one spot. But here the simulator is used so that the architecture practice wall can be rebuilt and created anew;
- Studio work is applied research;
- We are not looking for a new dogma because we know that we can be wrong.
- We are looking for a new view of architecture. “New Architecture.”