Study stays for students

Study stays on foreign universities

AFAD students can participate in a study stay at a foreign university during their bachelor's (if they are enrolled at least in the 2nd year), master's and doctoral studies. They can apply for an exchange abroad in the Erasmus + and Ceepus programs, or through bilateral agreements between the AFAD and foreign partner institutions. They can also travel for a stay as a so-called "Freemovers", that is, they contact a foreign institution themselves, outside the framework of the AFAD exchange program. Financial support for a "Freemovers" type stay can also be applied for in various scholarship and grant programs, or in foundations and support organizations.

The condition for applying for a study stay abroad through Erasmus +, Ceepus and bilateral agreements is participation in a school-wide selection procedure, which always takes place after enrollment, at the beginning of the winter semester, one year before the actual mobility.

For more informations please contact: