OPEN CALL: Studios in the city
In order to help its graduates and support them in starting their professional careers, the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava plans to establish cooperation with external partners who can provide their premises as studios.
The Old Town district of Bratislava has recently become such a partner, allocating four unused offices on Ventúrska, Školská streets and Františkánské námestie for our former students:
- Studio on Školská street 14 (14 m2, 60, - eur / month)
- Studio on Františkánske námestie 7 (10 m2, 43, - eur / month)
- Studio no. 1 in Zichy Palace on Ventúrska 9, 2nd floor (20 m2, 86, - eur / month)
- Studio no. 2 in Zichy Palace on Ventúrska 9, attic (18 m2, 77, - eur / month)
Conditions for applicants:
- Completed master's degree in the last two academic years (2020/2021 or 2019/2020).
Studios are designed for artistic disciplines of a digital rather than a material or otherwise invasive nature (such as architecture, digital arts, intermedia, visual communication, design, etc.).
In the selection procedure, preference will be given to small groups (2-3 graduates) who agree on the joint use of the studio, or individual applications with smaller space requirements.
The studios will be available to selected applicants for 1 year. Access to the studios will be possible from October 1, 2021. The costs associated with the use of the premises are the real overhead costs determined by the Old Town district. In the case of using the studio, it is important to take responsibility for the premises provided.
In case of interest, it is necessary to send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 20, 2021:
- Brief portfolio (either individually or collectively)
- A letter that will contain a presentation of your work, or mutual ties with each other as a team and a justification of the need for the studio. In the case of a small group, it is sufficient to submit one joint application.
Application Form – Studios in the City DOCX, 42 KB