The Story of Glass III.
We cordially invite you to this year's continuation of the exhibition series The Story of Glass in the Old School in Kokava.
- Dobšinského 31, Kokava nad Rimavicou
June 30 - October 31, 2023
- as part of the opening, glass blowing and glass shaping above burner workshops were also held
- Patrik Illo, Štefan Chrastina, Jana Šturdíková, Silvia Hroncová, Veronika Hroncová Žilinková
- Old School Kokava a AFAD Studio of Glass led by Patrik Illo.
About exhibition The Story of Glass III.
This year, the exhibition is dedicated to the phenomenon of Zlatá Zuzana and its creator, master glassmaker Jozef Staník, and his creative period in the glass factory in Zlatná. In addition, the AFAD Studio Glass, led by Patrik Illo, will present a cross-section of the works of its students and their free creative work. It will also include a selection of works from the glass symposium in Lednické Rovne and a workshop with glass artist, AFAD doctoral student Pavlína Šváchová.
As part of the accompanying program to the exhibition The Story of Glass III. you can also look forward to a glass workshop with the Czech artist Pavlína Šváchová. The workshop will be devoted to the processing of small glass pearls over the glass kahan, which is a technique that stood at the birth of glassmaking. The technology of lamp glass, to which glass figurines belong, became a phenomenon of Czech glass in the 20th century. Pavlína Šváchová, a multidisciplinary artist living and working in Prague, continues this tradition in her author's work and dissertation. Her work stands out for its strong conceptual background and media exploration. She likes to apply her reasoning on the fine line between design and art. In free art, she works with spatial installation, object, video and performative actions. She co-founded the Dveperly artistic group focusing on social issues. She is a finalist in several international competitions, and also awarded the Czech Design Award for Discovery of 2022.
Doctoral student Pavlína Šváchová led the glass shaping above burner workshop.
- The exhibition and the Old School Kokava project were financially supported by the Slovak Art Council, the Banskobystrický self-governing region, OOCR Novohrad a Podpoľanie and the SPP Foundation.
- Partners: Hradby Samoty.