Open Call of the Jozef Kollár Gallery – how to respond to open calls
Dear students of the AFAD! Because it is important for us that You have contact with practice and exhibition success during your studies, we have prepared a small friendly workshop for you after the term (on Thursday and Friday mornings), where you will learn more about how to respond to open calls, how to think about the gallery space, invent the concept of the exhibition, and prepare materials to respond to the call.
3. june 10:00 AM – 12:00 AM, and further as needed
4. june 10:00 AM – 12:00 AM, and further as needed
Mária Janušová, curator of the Jozef Kollár Gallery and doctoral student at the Department of Theory and History of Art at AFAD
Lucia Mlynčeková, a graduate of the Department of Visual Communication at the Academy of Fine Arts in Bratislava and a theoretician of architecture at the Czech Technical University in Prague.
+ Tomáš Jančařík of the Support and Counseling center.
At schools MS Teams, link:
Please let us know about your interest to participate by Wednesday afternoon from your MS Teams school account.
What is going to happen?
The workshop will cover the current open call of the Jozef Kolár Gallery in Banská Štiavnica:
It therefore aims to respond to this challenge. Both individuals and multi-member groups can respond to the GaJK call! So you can create a program solo or together with one, two or three colleagues. Although the call has a short deadline, the individual exhibitions will start at different dates from mid-summer to the end of autumn - to complete the exhibition program in detail, if your response to the call is successful, there will still be enough time then!
You can apply what you learn here not only right away, but also to future GaJK calls regarding the Start Up space, and to open calls in general. Whats important is to come into contact with the gallery environment and style of thinking.
- Presentation of the challenge, introduction to the context of the direction of the Gallery and to the character of the space with Mária
- Lucia's entry on the topic of how to think about the exhibition in general with regard to the intention and the given gallery space.
- Next, the first consultation of your ideas and the search for directions to develop them. Subsequently, Your independent thinking and concept development.
- for those interested, an introduction to working with space using the Sketch Up program with Tomáš,
- consultation of your previous thinking with Lucia,
- consultation of presentation options in response to the call and the possibility of consultation on practical and technical issues regarding background material and response to the call.
The workshop is organized by the Support and Counseling Center for VŠVU students in Bratislava in cooperation with the Department of Visual Communication and GaJK.
We look forward to a joint workshop with you!
If you have any questions, please contact Tomáš Jančařík from the support and counseling center,
+421 944 891 901