ARTROOMS MORAVANY 5: LIKE IN A DREAM
We cordially invite you to the ceremonial opening of the exhibition ARTROOMS MORAVANY 5 - LIKE IN A DREAM, which will take place on Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 4 p.m., in the mansion in Moravany nad Váhom.
- Kostolecká, Moravany nad Váhom, Slovakia
Opening: June 17, 2023 at 6 p.m.
- 5:30-7 p.m. – Live discussion On the topic as in a dream, moderator: Omar Mirza (Radio Devín), guests: Josef Bolf (artist), Dušan Fábik (psychologist), Zuzana Husárová (literary scholar, poet)
- 7 p.m. – CONCERT OF THE ŽILINA STATE CHAMBER ORCHESTRA
Exhibition duration: June 18 — September 17, 2023
FRI: 2 p.m. - 7 p.m.
SAT – SUN: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Erik Binder, Gabriela Birošová, Josef Bolf / Jakub Hošek / Jana Wojnarova, Radka Bodzewicz, Borek Brindák, Štěpán Brož, Michal Gabriel, Andrej Haršány, Vladimír Havlík, Vojtěch Hlaváček, Jakub Hons / Jakub Tullinger, Ján Hrčka, Oto Hudec, Patrícia Chamrazová, Martina Chudá, Peter Kalmus, Michal Kobza, Krištof Kintera, Klaudia Korbelič / Lenka L. Lukačovičová, Silvia Krivošíková, Marek Kvetan, Otis Laubert, Dominika Ličková, Vojtěch Luksch, Barbora Lungová / Tamara Conde Crhová, Dominik Málek, Stano Masár, Milan Mikuláštík, Eva Moflárová, Martina Nosková, Diana Paulová, Rastislav Podhorský, Miroslava Podmanická, Ové Pictures, Jozef Pilát, Piia Rossi, Laco Sabo, Oksana Sadovenko, Dorota Sadovská, Ľubomíra Chylová Sekerášová, Rudolf Sikora, Hynek Skoták, Anabela Sládek, Gabriela Slaninková, Tomáš Svoboda, Marek Štuller, Nik Timková, Barbora Trnková, Pavol Truben, Dorota Václavíková, Lucia Veselá, Richard Wiesner, Adam Žufníček
Curators: Jana Písaříková, Nina Vrbanová
Curatorial collaboration: Patrik Krajčovič, Zuzana Sabová
Project director: Zuzana Sabová
EXHIBITION TOPIC: LIKE IN A DREAM (AKO V SNE)
The forthcoming 5th year of the ARTROOMS MORAVANY exhibition will thematically deal with the phenomenon of dreaming and imagination. Does imagination help us construct possible worlds that keep us alive? What stimuli does fantasy, emo-romanticism, modern-day shamanism or, for example, the artistic legacy of surrealism bring to contemporary art? What and how do we dream? Can dreams, intuition and imagination be a tool to predict and influence the next development of events? Can they help us find a way out of the crisis? The opposite side of dreams and imagination is also related to the theme of the exhibition. It also aims to reflect on phenomena such as nightmares, insomnia or an inclination towards conspiracy theories and hallucinations.
The chosen theme also fits well with the place-specific location where the exhibition takes place. The mansion in Moravany nad Váhom and its park also encourage us to step out of everyday life and find ourselves in the space between dream and reality. Part of the exhibited works can also focus on the reflection of the mansion or its surroundings, as a bearer of symbolic meanings connected with the past, memory or the fictional world of supernatural phenomena and beings.
Dream of a mansion in Moravany nad Váhom.
The ceremonial opening concert of the ARTROOMS MORAVANY 5 exhibition, with a selection of songs performed by the Žilina State Chamber Orchestra, will be carried in a dreamy atmosphere, just like the entire exhibition. At the culmination of the festive evening, compositions by musical giants Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy will be heard in the English park.
By buying a ticket, you support the further reconstruction of the mansion.
Predpredaj online vstupeniek je prístupný na GoOut
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 – 1791)
Prelude to the opera The Marriage of Figaro 4'
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Concert no. 3 G major KV 216 for violin and orchestra 24'
Parts: 1. Allegro
3. Rondo. Allegro
Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy (1809 – 1847)
Symphony no. 3 and minor op. 56 "Scotland" 35'
Parts: 1. Andante con moto – Allegro un poco agitato
2. Vivace non troppo
4. Allegro vivacissimo – Allegro maestoso assai
- The project was supported from public funds by the Slovak arts council, which is the main financial partner of the ARTROOMS MORAVANY project.
- Trnava self-governing region, which financially supported the purchase of a new park podium and park lighting, as well as arboricultural treatment of the trees, thanks to which we were able to make the park accessible to you.
- To the media partner Rádio Devín.
- And to all of you who support the mansion with your attendance and keep your fingers crossed for its restoration and the organization of cultural events.