Results of the student survey on the quality of education
The student survey took place from 1 July 2021 to 31 August 2021. A total of 96 respondents completed the survey. Students had the opportunity to answer questions divided into four areas related to teaching at school in general, teaching theoretical subjects, teaching vocational subjects and teaching in the studio.
Respondents had the opportunity to express their satisfaction on a linear scale from 1 to 5, where No. 1 represented the greatest satisfaction and No. 5 biggest dissatisfaction.
The table shows the wording of the survey question and the average of the evaluation.
- Interest in school events: 2.59
- Spatial and technological equipment of the school: 3.03
- Boarding and accommodation options at school: 4.05
- Library services: 2.58
- School IT and e-services, e-learning, digital communication: 2.91
- Access to information on studies, grants and project calls at school: 2.8
- Availability and quality of internships and stays abroad at the school: 2.43
- Degree of protection against intolerance, discrimination or violation of rights and personal freedoms at school: 2.17
- Quality of education at school in general: 2.52
- Social security and student care at school: 2.75
- Atmosphere at school: 2.13
Teaching theoretical subjects
- Level and content of teaching theoretical subjects: 2.42
- Actuality of theoretical subjects: 2.47
- Selection of compulsory elective and elective theoretical subjects: 2.87
- Foreign language teaching: 3.01
- Objective, transparent, professional and fair evaluation of theoretical subjects: 2.23
Teaching professional subjects
- Level, content and connection of teaching professional subjects with teaching in the studio: 2.53
- Actuality of professional subjects: 2.41
- Selection of compulsory and optional subjects: 2.83
- Objective, transparent, professional and fair evaluation of professional subjects: 2.44
Teaching in the studio
Level and content of teaching in the studio: 1.87
Communication in the studio: 1.97
Material and technical equipment of the studio: 2.29
Actuality of teaching in the studio: 1.9
Objective, transparent and fair evaluation: 1.92
In addition to the score, respondents had the opportunity to openly answer each question. We do not publish the answers for maintaining anonymity, but we present the areas of the most frequently recurring negative and positive suggestions that were voiced in the questionnaire. The negative ones include the unavailability of optional subjects due to their limited capacity, the absence of a boarding school and the need to improve school meals, insufficient technological equipment in some departments, or the need for greater emphasis on foreign language teaching. Positive evaluations include, in particular, the work of the counseling center, the library's activities and also the school's clear and active communication with the public in relation to current social issues and problems.
On behalf of the Academic Senate of AFAD, we thank you for your participation and relevant suggestions. The results of the survey form part of the strategy for improving the quality of education at the AFAD.