OPEN CALL: Competition for an artistic proposal for the Via Bona Slovakia award
The Via Bona Slovakia award, which puts forward examples of socially responsible companies, is entering its 23rd year. On this occasion, the Pontis Foundation decided to innovate the work of art that it presents as a prize to the winning companies. Students, pedagogues of the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava can participate in the competition.
The topic of responsible business (CSR/ESG) has undergone a natural evolution over the past 20 years. From an originally marginal activity, focused primarily on charity, it has become an important part of companies' business. The new form of the award for the best companies in Slovakia should therefore symbolically reflect the current perception of this topic.
What should the new prize represent?
The specific symbolic meaning of the new prize can be defined by the artist according to his/her vision. In general, however, the prize should reflect the following values:
- courage to open new topics, go against the flow and be innovative;
- the company's internal and external responsibility towards employees, customers, suppliers, the community and the environment;
- loyalty to the values of responsible business and corporate philanthropy;
- connect communities and partners with an effort to create a new idea, approach, product or project bringing improvement in the field of responsible business and corporate philanthropy;
- inspire others to positive change and sustainability.
What should the prize of Via Bona Slovakia look like?
- 3-dimensional work,
- free-standing (winners have it displayed in representative spaces),
- with space for engraving the name Via Bona Slovakia 2022, including the name of a specific category,
- in two sizes (2 larger prices and 5 smaller ones).
Competition conditions and timetable
- December 12, 2022 – opening of the competition for the artistic design of the Via Bona Slovakia award.
- January 20, 2023 – deadline for delivery of the binding application by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to the address Nadácia Pontis, Zelinárska 2, 821 08 Bratislava (mark the envelope "Via Bona Slovakia"). Documents must contain sketches, description of the idea.
- January 24, 2023 – 1st round of evaluation, selection of 3 finalists
- Until January 26, 2023 – after the first meeting of the evaluation committee, the Pontis Foundation will publish information about artists advancing to the second round of the competition at nadaciapontis.sk and all registered applicants will be notified of the result of the 1st round.
- February 3, 2023 – submission of final 3D graphic designs for the realization of 2 bigger and 5 smaller awards, together with the budget for 3 years of awards. The prize production budget must not exceed the maximum amounts listed in the Financial Reward section. The documents must be delivered to the Pontis Foundation - either in person/by mail to the address Zelinárska 2, 821 08 Bratislava by 5:00 p.m., or by e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. The expert committee will then select the winner of the competition from the submitted proposals.
- February 8, 2023 - 2nd round of evaluation, selection of the winner. Finalists who do not become winners will receive a reward of 200 euros (sketch fee) for participating in the competition.
- February 10, 2023 – official announcement of the winner of the Via Bona Slovakia 2022 design competition (on the Pontis Foundation website www.nadaciapontis.sk and its other communication channels)
- February 2023 - conclusion of the contract on the creation of the work with the winner of the competition
- April 28, 2023 – handover of completed works
- May 11, 2023 – Via Bona Slovakia 2022 awards ceremony
- For the design, production and license associated with the main prize, the winner can receive a maximum reward of 600 euros/piece. As part of the Via Bona Slovakia 2022 award, 2 main prizes will be awarded, i.e. for the production of 2 main prizes, the maximum reward is 1,200 euros.
- For the design, production and license combined with a smaller price for other categories, the winner can receive a maximum reward of 400 euros/piece. As part of the Via Bona Slovakia 2022 award, 5 smaller prizes will be awarded, meaning that the maximum reward for producing 5 smaller prizes is 2000 euros.
- The reward includes all fees, costs of the author and the exclusive right to use the work, which will be unlimited in terms of time, material and territory.
You can find all the necessary information at https://www.nadaciapontis.sk/novinky/vyhlasujeme-sutaz-o-umelecky-navrh-ocenenia-via-bona-slovakia/ .
More information will be provided by:
Beata Fekiačová, program manager, 0918 058 932, e-mail: email@example.com