Impersonations - Personifications of the artist Ján Fekete
The works shown in the exhibition "Zosobnenia – Personifikácie" convey the artist's unique view of urban motifs and landscapes.
TÜV SÜD Office Gallery and ag. Amymon
BC Kerametal, Jašíkova 2, Bratislava
Curator: Ľudmila Pašková
The principle of artistic representation is the abstraction of reality into a play of shapes and colors. The artist is not concerned with vividness or legibility in his depictions, but with the emotional impact of the images he presents in this exhibition.
- was born in 1958 in Buzice, Slovakia
- studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Bratislava, painting with Associate Professor Stoklass; studied at the University of Applied Arts, Vienna, painting with Professor Adolf Frohner; studied at the Academy of Fine Arts, Munich, painting with Professor Jürgen Raipka; 1990 Diploma from the Academy of Fine Arts, Munich
- from r. 1990 teacher at VŠVU in Bratislava, 1996 appointment as associate professor at VŠVU in Bratislava
- 1994 - 1996 teacher at the University of Applied Arts, Vienna
- lives and works in Vienna and Bratislava