Support for students from Ukraine
Support services for students from Ukraine following the emergency situation caused by the military conflict.
Support services for students from Ukraine - information in UkrainianPDF, 144 KB
How to arrange a consultation?
Counseling requiring a longer personal interview can take place in person or via the Microsoft Teams application. The date shall be arranged in advance in person, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on phone number +421 949 009 910. You can contact me on these contacts from Monday to Friday between 09.00 and 16.30.
The office of the Support and Counseling Center, where we will be happy to welcome you, is located at Drotárska ceste 44, on the 3rd floor, office D 317 (opposite Visual communication department classes). You can usually find me on Drotárska:
- Monday morning, (09:00 - 12:30)
- Tuesday, (09:00 - 16:30)
- Wednesday afternoon (12:30 - 16:30)
On Thursday and Friday, the office on Drotárska is reserved for our colleague Martin Šarkan.
- on Thursday or Friday, by prior agreement, we can meet in person at Hviezdoslavovo Square building.
Who am I?
My name is Olena Futsur, and I am the secretary of the center - an advisor for Ukrainian students and applicants. I studied Psychology at the Drohobych National Pedagogical University in Ukraine, after my studies from I devoted myself from 2010 on to creative writing, from 2020 also to curation and art coaching, especially in Italy. So I know the environment of Ukraine, but also the creative environment of Western Europe. I understand well the various pitfalls of the creative process and I will gladly help you through them.
What areas do I focus on?
- I provide applicants from Ukraine with basic information about admission and study at AFAD, including help with choosing a study program that best matches the applicant's personality and interests.
- I arrange consultations and, if necessary, assist applicants from Ukraine in the framework of homework and portfolio consultations with a specific teacher before the admission procedure.
- I inform about the possibilities and conditions of living and studying in the Slovak Republic and at AFAD.
- If necessary, I provide language assistance to applicants from Ukraine during admission interviews.
- I support new students from Ukraine in adapting to a new environment, I help in solving current situations (boarding/housing, opening an account, registering a refugee, etc.), if necessary, help with communication with other school offices, and with further explanations of the education system in Slovakia / at AFAD.
- I monitor the specific needs of Ukrainian students from the point of view of study and life at school, I propose corrections and solutions.
- I organize a weekly newsletter for all Ukrainian students, which includes various workshops and events that bring Ukrainians together;
- I organize events designed to better connect new students from Ukraine with current students of AFAD, and with incoming foreign students (Erasmus).
- I help with the organization and realization of exhibitions and other events intended for Ukrainian students and artists, as well as with the organization and realization of exhibitions in which AFAD students take part, esp. those where organization with foreign partners is needed.