Working with information
A certain degree of proficiency in working with information and text is an integral part of studying in the university format, and thus also of studying at the AFAD. In this section, you will find certain tools that may be useful to you.
List of topics you will find on this page:
It can make it easier for you to read texts and archive a whole range of online and offline resources so that work on your research, semester or qualification work is effective. See more in the video tutorial below. Video is not translated at this time, but you can watch the screen capture video, it will give you an idea as to what tools and to which purpose are being used.
video content and links are posted below the video. Approx. watchtime: 5 minutes.
- 00:00 – 01:20 different types of resources in pdf
- 01:20 – 02:10 applications for working with the pdf format
- 02:10 – 05:10 work with a pdf document
(not only) for bibliography in a text document
Here we will look at the practical possibilities of using a text editor to archive and manage a larger amount of information. Video content and links are posted below the video. Approx. watchtime: 5 minutes.
- 00:00 – 01:10 introduction and overview of options
- 01:10 – 01:40 location of the functions in various text editors
- 01:40 – 02:15 how to create an outline in a document
- 02:15 – 03:00 where can I find bibliographic data templates
- 03:00 – 04:55 a practical example of a bibliographic record in the database
Freeware text editors allow legal use for free and can read and save in paid editor formats (MS Word, etc.). Versions for Windows, Mac and Linux are available.