Call for edition of publication
The Visual and Cultural Studies Section of the AFAD Research Center accepts applications for the edition of an original or translated publication.
- An author from the internal environment - an VŠVU employee (teacher, researcher, technologist) or an author from the external environment may request the publication of the original or translated publication in the form of an application.
- The basic precondition for applying to the call is the correct completion of the application for the issue of the original or translated publication and compliance with the conditions set out in the application.
- In the case of an application for the publication of the original publication, the author can only report with the finished manuscript (graphic or linguistic editing is not a condition).
- In the case of an application for the issue of a translation publication, the applicant may apply
- with the finished translation (he does not have to be a translator himself),
- with a tip (proposal) for the translation of the publication.
- The applicant sends the completed application electronically to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. It shall then print, sign and, together with any annexes defined in the application, deliver it in person or send it by post to the following address:
Academy of Fine Arts
Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18
814 37 Bratislava
- Applicants can send applications continuously throughout the year. They will be evaluated according to the number of submitted applications, but at least twice a year.
- The applicant will be informed about the results electronically and by post.
- In case of any ambiguities or additional questions, please contact: email@example.com
Criteria for assessing applications:
- Applications will be assessed by the Council of the VŠVU Research Center. The CV Council reserves the right not to recommend the publication of any of the submitted publications in case of low quality. The maximum number of approved applications is not defined.
- The CV Board guarantees that the decisive criterion will be the quality level of the text under consideration. In the next round, he may undertake to provide grant support for the publication by the applicant.
- The thematic focus of the texts is not specified, but preference will be given to publications in the following areas: art theory and history, aesthetics, visual and cultural studies, philosophy, art monographs, textbooks on fine arts, design, architecture and restoration (including teaching materials on techniques and technologies in artistic creation).