- Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18
814 37 Bratislava
Selection procedure - associate professors at the Department of Theory and History of Art
Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava pursuant to § 77 par. 1 of Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on Higher Education Institutions, as amended, announces competitions for filling vacancies for university teachers:
- University teacher as an associate professor for teaching theoretical subjects with a focus on the history and theory of 20th and 21st century art in the study program Theory and Practice of Contemporary Art and History and Theory of Fine Arts and Architecture in the field of Arts and Culture as well as in study programs in Art with a position in the Department of Theory and History of Art.
- University teacher in the position of associate professor for teaching professional subjects with a focus on 20th and 21st century art history and history and theory of photography, in the study program Theory and Practice of Contemporary Art and History and Theory of Fine Arts and Architecture in the field of Arts and Culture as also in study programs in the field of Art with inclusion in the Department of Theory and History of Art.
Deadline for applications is: June 15, 2022
- artistic-pedagogical, resp. scientific and pedagogical title of associate professor in the relevant field of study,
- teaching experience of at least 5 years,
- overview of artistic, resp. scientific and pedagogical activities,
- defending a written teaching concept,
Required tender documentation:
- application to the EC (must contain personal data - name, surname, address, contact - mail, telephone, and the exact name of the job in which the candidate is interested),
- curriculum vitae,
- extract from the criminal record not older than 3 months,
- extract from RT,
- an officially certified copy of the university diploma,
- an officially certified copy of the decree awarding the applicant the artistic-pedagogical or scientific-pedagogical title of associate professor,
- brief portfolio of artistic, resp. scientific activity - in principle also electronically (CD or USB key)
- overview of pedagogical activities (length of pedagogical practice, names of taught subjects, etc.),
- written teaching concept in printed and electronic form (CD or USB key).
General conditions of admission:
- meeting the required admission conditions,
- complete submission of the required documentation for the tender,
- personal participation in the tender.
The course of the selection procedure:
- artistic presentation, resp. scientific and pedagogical activities (approx. 10 min.),
- presentation of the proposed teaching concept (approx. 10 min.),
- discussion with the members of the commission and defense of the presented teaching concept.
- according to valid legal regulations of law no. 553/2003 on the remuneration of employees in the performance of work in the public interest t. j. according to a special scale of salary tariffs of university teachers, (in the range according to the tariff class - salary classification and years worked from 1 079, - Eur to 1581, - Eur.)
Further details on the call for tenders, admission conditions and required tender dossier:
- The filling of the said position and function is carried out in connection with the approved number and structure of positions at the AFAD.
- The competition shall verify the candidate's skills and expertise which are necessary or appropriate having regard to the nature of the duties to be performed by the staff member in the post or function for which the competition is being called.
- The selection procedure for the position of professor and the position of associate professor is also the selection procedure for the position of university teacher.
- The tenderer is also required to submit:
a) affidavit on other employment relationships with universities located, resp. operating in the territory of the Slovak Republic concuded for the performance of the work of a university teacher, researcher and artist with the indication of the data on weekly working time (for the purposes of proving the fact according to § 74 paragraph 4 of the University Act),
b) a proposal for the presentation of professional, creative artistic or scientific activity and the proposed concept of the studio management in written and electronic form in the Slovak language.
- All required documentation for the tender, including the application for the tender, must be submitted in the Slovak language. In the case of documents proving education, acquisition of academic and scientific degrees and scientific degrees, these must be, in the case of documents issued in a country other than the Slovak Republic, officially certified in the prescribed manner (apostille) and officially submitted in the Slovak language. The documents must also be accompanied by a decision of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic on the recognition of foreign documents for the exercise of a regulated profession in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
In Bratislava on April 22, 2022
Doc. Mgr. Bohunka Koklesova, PhD.
rector of AFAD