Selection procedure - associate professor at the Department of Theory and History of Art
Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava pursuant to § 77 par. 1 of Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on Higher Education Institutions, as amended, announces competitions for filling vacancies for university teachers in position of associate professor.
- University teacher in the position of associate professor for the management of the compulsory subject Protostudio (studio teaching for the second year) in the study program Photography and new media in the bachelor's degree in the field of study Art, with placement in the Department of Photography and New Media.
Application deadline: August 5, 2022
Commencement of employment: September 2022
- completion of higher education II. A degree with an artistic-pedagogical title awarded or a scientific-pedagogical title "associate professor" before 01.09.2020 or,
- completion of higher education III. A degree with an artistic-pedagogical title or a scientific-pedagogical title "associate professor" or,
- - completion of higher education III. Degree, without the awarded scientific-pedagogical or artistic-pedagogical "docent" title. The applicant proves that he meets the criteria resulting from the required level of criteria for obtaining the title of associate professor at the University in the relevant field of the Habilitation procedure, which is assigned to the field of study to which the position is linked, which in the conditions of the University means that he must meet the Quantification criteria for habilitation of the study fee of the Science of Art and Culture department with a focus on scientific - research activity: (appendix no. 5).
- pedagogical experience lasting at least 3 years,
- participation in the selection process,
- successful completion of the selection procedure.
Required tender documentation:
- application to the EC (must contain personal data - name, surname, address, contact - mail, telephone, and the exact name of the job in which the candidate is interested),
- curriculum vitae,
- extract from the criminal record not older than 3 months,
- an officially certified copy of the document on the obtained higher education II. or III. degree
- an officially certified copy of the decree by which the applicant was awarded the art-pedagogical title "associate professor", if the applicant obtained this title,
- overview – a list of scientific, publishing, curatorial or other creative activities
- overview of pedagogical activity (length and description of pedagogical practice),
- an overview of grant, project and organizational activities of the applicant (research projects, conferences, workshops, etc.),
- the concept of subject management, in which it is supposed to ensure teaching at the University,
- other documents in accordance with the Rules of the selection procedure and the published notice of the selection procedure (appendix no. 5) for applicants with a third degree of education and without the awarded scientific-pedagogical title "docent".
- all required documents must be submitted in both printed and electronic form (USB key).
General conditions of admission:
- meeting the required admission conditions,
- complete submission of the required documentation for the tender,
- personal participation in the tender.
The course of the selection procedure:
- presentation of scientific, publishing and pedagogical activities (approx. 15 min.),
- presentation of the proposed teaching concept (approx. 15 min.),
- discussion with committee members and defense of the presented teaching concept.
- according to the applicable legal regulations of Act no. 553/2003 on remuneration of employees in the performance of work in the public interest, i.e. j. according to a special scale of salary rates for university teachers, / in the range according to the tariff class - salary classification and years of service from EUR 1,079 to EUR 1,581 /
Further details on the announced tender, acceptance conditions and required documentation for the tender:
- The filling of the mentioned job and function is carried out in connection with the approved number and structure of jobs at AFAD.
- The selection procedure verifies the applicant's skills and professional knowledge, which are necessary or appropriate given the nature of the duties that the employee has to perform in the job position or function for which the selection procedure is being held.
- The selection procedure for filling the position of professor and associate professor is also a selection procedure for filling the position of university teacher.
- Furthermore, the applicant is required to submit:
- sworn statement about other employment relationships with the resident universities, or operating in the territory of the Slovak Republic, closed for the performance of the work of a university teacher, researcher and artist with the indication of the weekly working time (for the purpose of proving the fact according to § 74 paragraph 4 of the Act on Higher Education),
- proposal for the presentation of a professional, creative artistic or scientific activity and the proposed concept of studio management in written and electronic form in the Slovak language.
- All required documentation for the selection procedure, including the application for the selection procedure, must be submitted in the Slovak language. Regarding the documents proving the education achieved, the acquisition of academic ones and scientific degrees and scientific ranks, these must be, if they are documents issued in a country other than the Slovak Republic, officially verified in the prescribed manner (apostille) and officially submitted in the Slovak language. Along with the documents, it is also necessary to submit the decision of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sports of the Slovak Republic on the recognition of foreign documents for the performance of a regulated profession in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
Applications with the necessary documents are accepted by the VŠVU personnel department, Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18, 814 37 Bratislava.
In Bratislava: 7. 7. 2022
Doc. Mgr. Bohunka Koklesová, PhD.
rector of AFAD