- Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18
814 37 Bratislava
Selection procedure: 25% full-time assistants at the Department of Intermedia
Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava pursuant to § 77 par. 1 of Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on Higher Education Institutions, as amended, announces competitions for filling vacancies for university teachers
Deadline for applications: August 10, 2021
Date of addmision: September 2021
- University teacher in the position of assistant professor for 25% working hours for teaching professional subjects with a focus on project and production preparation of a work of art in the study program Intermedia in the field of study Art with inclusion in the Department of Intermedia.
- University teacher in the position of assistant professor for 25% working hours for teaching professional subjects with a focus on sound in fine arts in the study program Intermedia in the field of study Art with assignment at the Department of Intermedia.
- University teacher in the position of assistant professor for 25% working hours for teaching subjects focused on interaction in the digital environment in the study program Intermedia in the field of study Art with assignment at the Department of Intermedia.
- second or third degree university education in the relevant field of study,
- pedagogical practice welcome,
- overview of artistic, resp. scientific and pedagogical activities,
- defending a written teaching concept.
Required tender documentation:
- application to the EC (must contain personal data - name, surname, address, contact - mail, telephone, and the exact name of the job in which the candidate is interested)
- curriculum vitae,
- an officially certified copy of the certificate of secondary education, resp. also third degree,
- extract from the criminal record not older than 3 months,
- brief portfolio of artistic, resp. scientific activity - in principle also electronically (CD or other portable device),
- overview of pedagogical activities (length of pedagogical practice, names of taught subjects, etc.),
- written concept of teaching in printed and electronic form (CD or other portable device).
General conditions of admission:
- fulfillment of the required conditions for admission,
- complete submission of the required documentation for the tender,
- personal participation in the competition.
The course of the selection procedure:
- presentation of artistic, resp. scientific and pedagogical activities (approx. 10 min.),
- presentation of the proposed teaching concept (approx. 10 min.),
- discussion with the members of the commission and defense of the presented concept of teaching.
- according to valid legal regulations of law no. 553/2003 on the remuneration of employees in the performance of work in the public interest t. j. according to a special scale of salary rates of university teachers, (in the range according to the number of years of experience from 1079, - Eur to 1472.50, - Eur.)
Applications with the necessary documents are accepted by the VŠVU personnel department,
Further details on the call for tenders, conditions for admission and required tender dossier:
- The filling of the said position and function is carried out in connection with the approved number and structure of positions at the AFAD.
- The competition shall verify the competences and expertise of the candidate which are necessary or appropriate having regard to the nature of the duties to be performed by the staff member in the post or function for which the competition is being called.
- The selection procedure for the position of professor and the position of associate professor is also a selection procedure for the position of university teacher.
- Furthermore, the applicant is required to submit:
a) a solemn declaration on other employment relationships with universities located, resp. operating in the territory of the Slovak Republic concluded to perform the work of a university teacher, researcher and artist with the indication of the weekly working time (for the purposes of proving the fact according to § 74 paragraph 4 of the University Act),
b) proposal for presentation of professional, creative artistic or scientific activities and the proposed concept of studio management in written and electronic form in the Slovak language.
- All required documentation for the tender, including the application for the tender, must be submitted in the Slovak language. As regards documents proving education, acquisition of academic and scientific degrees and scientific degrees, these must be, in the case of documents issued in a country other than the Slovak Republic, officially certified in the prescribed manner (apostille) and officially submitted in Slovak. The documents must also be accompanied by a decision of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic on the recognition of foreign documents for the exercise of a regulated profession in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
Bratislava on 19 July 2021
Doc. Mgr. Bohunka Koklesova, PhD.
rector of AFAD