- Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18
814 37 Bratislava
Selection procedure: associate professor at the Department of Design
Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava pursuant to § 77 par. 1 of Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on Higher Education Institutions, as amended, announces selection procedures for filling vacancies for university teachers in the position of associate professor
Deadline for applications: August 31, 2022
Date of employment commencement: October 2022
- University teacher in the position of associate professor to the head of the experimental design studio and the teaching of professional subjects in the study program Design in the field of study Art with inclusion in the Department of Design.
– completion of higher education II. Degree with the awarded artistic-pedagogical title or scientific-pedagogical title "associate professor" before 1.9.20 or,
– completion of higher education III. Degree with the awarded artistic-pedagogical title or scientific-pedagogical title "associate professor" or,
– completion of higher education III. Degree, without the awarded artistic-pedagogical or scientific-pedagogical "associate professor" title. The applicant proves that he meets the criteria resulting from the required level of criteria for obtaining the title of associate professor at the University in the relevant field of the Habilitation procedure, which is assigned to the field of study to which the function is linked, which in University conditions means that he must meet study field requirements, which form Supplement no. 2a)
- artistic-pedagogical practice lasting at least 3 years,
- participation in the tender,
- successful completion of the tender.
Required tender documentation:
- application to the EC (must contain personal data - name and surname, address, contact - mail, telephone, exact name of the job),
- curriculum vitae,
- extract from the criminal record not older than 3 months
- an officially certified copy of the diploma II. or III. degree depending on footnotes,
- an officially certified copy of the decree awarding the applicant the artistic-pedagogical title of "associate professor", if the candidate has obtained this title,
- artistic, resp. scientific portfolio in print, resp. in electronic form,
- list of artistic and scientific-publishing activities,
- overview of artistic-pedagogical activities (length of pedagogical practice, supervision of final theses),
- an overview of the grant, project and organizational activities of the applicant (research projects, conferences, workshops, etc.),
- teaching concept,
- other documents in accordance with the Principles of the selection procedure and the published notice of the selection procedure, (Supplement No. 2a for applicants with the third level of education and without the awarded artistic-pedagogical title "associate professor).
- all required documents must be submitted in both printed and electronic form (USB key).
General conditions of admission:
- fulfillment of the required conditions for admission,
- complete submission of the required documentation for the tender,
- personal participation in the tender.
The course of the selection procedure:
- presentation of artistic, resp. scientific and pedagogical activities (approx. 15 min.),
- presentation of the proposed teaching concept (approx. 15 min.),
- discussion with the members of the commission and defense of the presented teaching concept.
- according to valid legal regulations of law no. 553/2003 on the remuneration of employees in the performance of work in the public interest t. j. according to a special scale of salaries of university teachers, (in the range according to the tariff class - salary classification and years worked from 1079.00, - Eur to 1581.00, - Eur.)
Applications with the necessary documents are accepted by the VŠVU personnel department, Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18, 814 37 Bratislava.
Further details on the call for tenders, conditions for admission and required tender dossier:
- The filling of the said position and function is carried out in connection with the approved number and structure of positions at the AFAD.
- The competition shall verify the candidate's skills and expertise which are necessary or appropriate having regard to the nature of the duties to be performed by the staff member in the post or function for which the competition is being called.
- The selection procedure for the position of professor and the position of associate professor is also a selection procedure for the position of university teacher.
- In addition, the tenderer is required to submit:
a) a solemn declaration on other employment relationships with universities located, resp. operating in the territory of the Slovak Republic concluded for the performance of the work of a university teacher, researcher and artist with the indication of the data on weekly working time (for the purposes of proving the fact according to § 74 paragraph 4 of the University Act),
b) a proposal for the presentation of professional, creative artistic or scientific activity and the proposed concept of the studio management in written and electronic form in the Slovak language.
- All required documentation for the tender, including the application for the tender, must be submitted in the Slovak language. As regards documents proving education, acquisition of academic and scientific degrees and scientific degrees, these must be, in the case of documents issued in a country other than the Slovak Republic, officially certified in the prescribed manner (apostille) and officially submitted in Slovak. The documents must also be accompanied by a decision of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic on the recognition of foreign documents for the exercise of a regulated profession in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
Bratislava on 9 August 2022
Doc. Mgr. Bohunka Koklesova, PhD.
rector of AFAD