Selection procedure - associate professor at the Department of Applied Art
Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts and Design Bratislava in accordance with §75 and §77 of Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on universities and on the amendment of certain laws, as amended, and in accordance with the Principles of the selection procedure for filling the positions of researchers, professors, docents and university teachers, lists the selection procedures for the filling of functional positions of university teachers - the position of associate professor.
Department of Applied Art
- University teacher in the position of associate professor in the position of head of the studio for teaching the profile subject Studio with a focus on creating jewelry in the study program of Applied Arts in the bachelor's degree and in the study program of Visual Arts in the master's degree of study in the field of study Art, with inclusion in the Department of Applied Art.
Application deadline: August 07, 2023
Commencement of employment: September 2023
- completion of higher education II. A degree with an artistic-pedagogical title awarded or a scientific-pedagogical title "associate professor" before 01.09.2020 or,
- completion of higher education III. A degree with an artistic-pedagogical title or a scientific-pedagogical title "associate professor" or,
- completion of higher education III. Degree, without the awarded artistic-pedagogical or scientific-pedagogical "associate professor" title.
- The applicant proves that he/she meets the criteria resulting from the required level of criteria for obtaining the title of associate professor at the University in the relevant field of the Habilitation procedure, which is assigned to the field of study to which the position is linked, which in terms of the University means that he/she must meet the Qualification criteria for the habilitation procedure (appendix no. 3).
Other qualification prerequisites
- art-pedagogical experience lasting at least 3 years, (including doctoral studies)
- knowledge of the world language - English, level: B2 (intermediate)
- publishing activity,
- participation in the selection process,
- successful completion of the selection procedure.
Required tender documentation:
- application – a written request to participate in the selection procedure, stating consent to the processing of personal data in accordance with Act no. 18/2018 Coll. on the protection of personal data and on changes and additions to some laws as amended. Application (must contain: personal data – name, surname, address, contact – email, telephone, and the exact name of the job in which the candidate is interested)
- structured CV,
- an officially certified copy of the document on the obtained second-level university education, or even third degree,
- an officially certified copy of the decree by which the applicant was awarded the art-pedagogical title "docent", if the applicant obtained this title,
- extract from the criminal record not older than 3 months,
- brief portfolio of artistic, or scientific activity - in print and electronically (on a USB stick),
- an overview of artistic, professional and publishing activities, (if possible to document with a statement of CREUČ and CREPČ),
- an overview of artistic-scientific professional and publishing activities (if possible, document with a statement of CREUČ and CREPČ),
- teaching concept in print and electronic form (on a USB stick),
- sworn statement about other employment relationships with the resident universities, or operating in the territory of the Slovak Republic, as well as abroad, closed for the performance of the work of a university teacher and researcher with the indication of the weekly working time (for the purpose of proving the fact according to §74 paragraph 5 of the Act on Universities)
- overview of artistic-pedagogical activity (length of teaching experience, management of final theses),
- an overview of grant, project and organizational activities of the applicant (research projects, conferences, workshops, etc.),
- other documents in accordance with the Rules of the selection procedure and the published notice of the selection procedure (Appendix no. 3), for applicants with a third degree of education and without the awarded artistic-pedagogical title "docent".
- all required documents must be submitted in both printed and electronic form (USB key).
General conditions of admission:
- meeting the required admission conditions,
- complete submission of the required documentation for the tender,
- personal participation in the tender.
The course of the selection procedure:
- presentation of artistic or scientific and pedagogical activities (approx. 15 min.),
- presentation of the proposed teaching concept (approx. 15 min.),
- discussion with committee members and defense of the presented teaching concept.
- According to valid legal regulations in accordance with Act no. 553/2003 Coll. and with the order of the Government of the Slovak Republic no. 296/2022 Coll., annex no. 3 Special salary scales for university teachers and research and development employees. The basic tariff salary is determined according to the number of years of credited experience from 1,312.50 Euros. Amount of working time 100%.
- in accordance with § 75, par. 3) Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on universities and on the amendment of certain laws as amended.
Further details on the announced tender, acceptance conditions and required documentation for the tender:
- The filling of the mentioned job and function is carried out in connection with the approved number and structure of jobs at AFAD.
- The selection process verifies the applicant's skills and expertise, which are necessary or appropriate in view of the nature of the duties that the employee has to perform in the job position or function for which the selection process is being held.
- The selection procedure for filling the position of professor and associate professor is also a selection procedure for filling the position of university teacher.
- All required documentation for the selection procedure, including the application for the selection procedure, must be submitted in the Slovak language.
Applications with the necessary documents are accepted by the AFAD personnel department, Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18, 814 37 Bratislava.
In Bratislava: July 10, 2023
Associate professor. Mgr. Bohunka Koklesová, PhD.
rector of AFAD