Selection procedure - assistant professor at the Department of Conservation and Restoration
Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts in Bratislava in accordance with § 77 par. 1 of Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on higher education institutions, as amended, lists selection procedures to fill vacancies for university teachers in the position of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR.
University teacher in the capacity of assistant to the head of the studio and for the teaching of professional subjects with a focus on the restoration of wooden sculpture in the study program Restoration work in the field of study Art, with inclusion in the Department of restoration.
Department of Conservation and Restoration
Application deadline: August 5, 2022
Commencement of employment: September 2022
- university education in the relevant field of study of a second-level or third-level,
- teaching experience welcome,
- an overview of artistic, or scientific and pedagogical activities,
- defense of the written teaching concept.
Required tender documentation:
- application to the EC (must contain personal data - name, surname, address, contact - mail, telephone, and the exact name of the job in which the candidate is interested),
- curriculum vitae,
- an officially certified copy of a second-level or third-level university education certificate,
- extract from the criminal record not older than 3 months,
- brief portfolio of artistic, or scientific activity - in print and electronically (USB key),
- overview of teaching activities (length of teaching practice, names of taught subjects, etc.),
- written teaching concept in print and electronic form (USB stick).
General conditions of admission:
- meeting the required admission conditions,
- complete submission of the required documentation for the tender,
- personal participation in the tender.
The course of the selection procedure:
- presentation of artistic or scientific and pedagogical activities (cca 10 min.),
- presentation of the proposed teaching concept (cca 10 min.),
- discussion with committee members and defense of the presented teaching concept.
- according to the applicable legal regulations of Act no. 553/2003 on remuneration of employees in the performance of work in the public interest, i.e. j. according to the special scale of salary tariffs for university teachers, / in the range according to the tariff class - salary classification and years of service from 1,008.50 EUR to 1472.50 EUR./
Further details on the announced tender, acceptance conditions and required documentation for the tender:
- The filling of the mentioned job and function is carried out in connection with the approved number and structure of jobs at AFAD.
- The selection procedure verifies the applicant's skills and professional knowledge, which are necessary or appropriate given the nature of the duties that the employee has to perform in the job position or function for which the selection procedure is being held.
- The selection procedure for filling the position of professor and associate professor is also a selection procedure for filling the position of university teacher.
- Furthermore, the applicant is required to submit:
- sworn statement about other employment relationships with the resident universities, or operating in the territory of the Slovak Republic, closed for the performance of the work of a university teacher, researcher and artist with the indication of the weekly working time (for the purpose of proving the fact according to § 74 paragraph 4 of the Act on Higher Education),
- proposal for the presentation of a professional, creative artistic or scientific activity and the proposed concept of studio management in written and electronic form in the Slovak language.
- All required documentation for the selection procedure, including the application for the selection procedure, must be submitted in the Slovak language. Regarding the documents proving the education achieved, the acquisition of academic ones and scientific degrees and scientific ranks, these must be, if they are documents issued in a country other than the Slovak Republic, officially verified in the prescribed manner (apostille) and officially submitted in the Slovak language. Along with the documents, it is also necessary to submit the decision of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sports of the Slovak Republic on the recognition of foreign documents for the performance of a regulated profession in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
Applications with the necessary documents are accepted by the VŠVU personnel department, Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18, 814 37 Bratislava.
In Bratislava: 7. 7. 2022
Doc. Mgr. Bohunka Koklesová, PhD.
rector of AFAD