Selection procedure - assistant professor for 25% working time at the Department of Intermedia
Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts in Bratislava in accordance with § 77 par. 1 of Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on universities, as amended, publishes selection procedures to fill vacant positions of university teachers:
University teacher in the position of assistant professor for 25% of the working time for teaching a subject focused on performances in the study program Intermedia in the field of study Art with inclusion in the Department of Intermedia.
Application deadline: December 30, 2022
Start date: February 2023
- university education in the relevant field of study of a second-level or third-level,
- teaching experience welcome,
- overview of artistic, or scientific and pedagogical activities,
- defense of the written teaching concept.
Required tender documentation:
- application to the EC (must contain personal data - name, surname, address, contact - mail, telephone, and the exact name of the job in which the candidate is interested),
- curriculum vitae,
- an officially certified copy of a second-level or third-level university education certificate,
- extract from the criminal record not older than 3 months,
- brief portfolio of artistic, or of scientific activity - in print and electronically (USB key)
- overview of teaching activities (length of teaching practice, names of taught subjects, etc.),
- written teaching concept in print and electronic form (USB stick).
General conditions of admission:
- meeting the required admission conditions,
- complete submission of the required documentation for the tender,
- personal participation in the tender.
The course of the selection procedure:
- presentation of artistic or scientific and pedagogical activities (cca 10 min.),
- presentation of the proposed teaching concept (cca 10 min.),
- discussion with committee members and defense of the presented teaching concept.
- Salary conditions: according to the applicable legal regulations of Act no. 553/2003 on remuneration of employees in the performance of work in the public interest, i.e. j. according to a special salary scale for university teachers, / in the range according to the number of years of experience from 1039.00 to 1517.50 Eur. (at 100% full-time)/
Further details on the announced tender, acceptance conditions and required documentation for the tender:
- The filling of the mentioned job and function is carried out in connection with the approved number and structure of jobs at AFAD.
- The selection procedure verifies the applicant's skills and professional knowledge, which are necessary or appropriate given the nature of the duties that the employee has to perform in the job position or function for which the selection procedure is being held.
- The selection procedure for filling the position of professor and associate professor is also a selection procedure for filling the position of university teacher.
- Furthermore, the applicant is required to submit:
- sworn statement about other employment relationships with the resident universities, or operating in the territory of the Slovak Republic, closed for the performance of the work of a university teacher, researcher and artist with the indication of the weekly working time (for the purpose of proving the fact according to § 74 paragraph 4 of the Act on Higher Education),
- proposal for the presentation of a professional, creative artistic or scientific activity and the proposed concept of studio management in written and electronic form in the Slovak language.
- All required documentation for the selection procedure, including the application for the selection procedure, must be submitted in the Slovak language. Regarding the documents proving the education achieved, the acquisition of academic ones and scientific degrees and scientific ranks, these must be, if they are documents issued in a country other than the Slovak Republic, officially verified in the prescribed manner (apostille) and officially submitted in the Slovak language. Along with the documents, it is also necessary to submit the decision of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sports of the Slovak Republic on the recognition of foreign documents for the performance of a regulated profession in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
Applications with the necessary documents are accepted by the VŠVU personnel department, Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18, 814 37 Bratislava.
In Bratislava on November 15, 2022
Doc. Mgr. Bohunka Koklesová, PhD.
rector of AFAD