- Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18
814 37 Bratislava
Selection procedure: Assistant Professor at the Department of Textiles and Department of Painting
Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts in Bratislava pursuant to § 77 par. 1 of Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on Higher Education Institutions, as amended, announces competitions for filling vacancies for university teachers in the position of assistant professor
- University teacher in the position of assistant professor of the studio with a focus on textile creation in space and for teaching professional subjects with a focus on textile technologies and textile techniques in the study program Textile Creation in the field of study Art, with assignment to the Department of Textile Creation
- A university teacher in the position of assistant professor of the head of the studio with a focus on contemporary painting and the expanded field of painting and for teaching special subjects with a focus on special technologies in the study program Painting in the field of study Art at the Department of Painting.
Deadline for applications: November 4, 2021
Start date: December 2021
- second or third degree higher education in the relevant field of study,
- pedagogical experience at least 3 years
- overview of artistic, resp. scientific and pedagogical activities,
- defending a written teaching concept.
Required tender documentation:
- application to the EP (must contain personal data - name, surname, address, contact - mail, telephone, and the exact name of the job in which the candidate is interested)
- curriculum vitae,
- an officially certified copy of the certificate of secondary education, resp. also third degree,
- extract from the criminal record not older than 3 months,
- brief portfolio of artistic, resp. scientific activity - in principle also electronically (CD or on another portable device),
- overview of pedagogical activities (length of pedagogical practice, names of taught subjects, etc.),
- written concept of teaching in printed and electronic form (CD or other portable device).
- according to valid legal regulations of law no. 553/2003 on the remuneration of employees in the performance of work in the public interest t. j. according to a special scale of salary scales of university teachers, (in the range according to the tariff class - salary classification and years worked from 1008.50, - Eur to 1472,50, - Eur)
Further details on the competition announced, the conditions of admission and the required documentation for the competition:
- The filling of the said position and function is carried out in connection with the approved number and structure of positions at the VŠVU.
- The competition shall verify the competences and expertise of the candidate which are necessary or appropriate having regard to the nature of the duties to be performed by the staff member in the post or function for which the competition is being called.
- The selection procedure for the position of professor and the position of associate professor is also a selection procedure for the position of university teacher.
- In addition, the tenderer is required to submit:
a) affidavit on other employment relationships with universities located, resp. operating in the territory of the Slovak Republic concluded for the performance of the work of a university teacher, researcher and artist with the indication of the weekly working time (for the purposes of proving the fact according to § 74 paragraph 4 of the University Act),
b) a proposal for the presentation of professional, creative artistic or scientific activity and the proposed concept of the studio management in written and electronic form in the Slovak language.
- All required documentation for the tender, including the application for the tender, must be submitted in the Slovak language. As regards documents proving education, acquisition of academic and scientific degrees and scientific degrees, these must be, in the case of documents issued in a country other than the Slovak Republic, officially certified in the prescribed manner (apostille) and officially submitted in Slovak. The documents must also be accompanied by a decision of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic on the recognition of foreign documents for the exercise of a regulated profession in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
Bratislava, on 12.10. 2021
Doc. Mgr. Bohunka Koklesova, PhD.
rector of VŠVU