Printmaking and other media
Requirements for entrance examination. Home assignments, further details of individual tasks, necessary tools. The requirements are current for the admission procedure at Academic year 2023/2024.
Requirements for portfolio
- study of the head 1:1 and figure from a life model (pencil, charcoal...)
- study of the figure – with a life model (pencil, charcoal …)
- works focusing on the applicant’s creativity and skills,
- motivation letter
How to submit works:
- Digital version of homework - portfolio will be uploaded by the applicant after submitting the electronic application and attachments in the period from December 6, 2022 from 12 p.m. untill December 9, 2022 by 8 a.m. via the website: https://ulozisko.vsvu.sk/; access data and instructions will be sent to the email addresses listed in the application no later than 12 p.m. on 6 December 2022.
- The portfolio and motivation letter must be included in one joint PDF format (maximum up to 10 MB) titled as name_surname_study printmaking. Individual works must be marked.
- The applicant brings the original versions of his/her portfolio directly to the second round of the admissions procedure.
Further details of individual tasks during the admission procedure:
- by the distance method, without the applicant’s physical presence
- assessment of all portfolio components listed in homework requirements (portfolio)
- in person, with the participation of the applicant who advances to the second round from the first round. The second round of the admissions procedure lasts for two days.
- study from life
- topics focusing on the applicant’s creativity and skills
- free composition
- an interview with the applicant in front of the admissions committee, where the applicant demonstrates his knowledge of the field he is applying for; a discussion about housework is part of the interview. Part of the interview is aimed at finding out an overall overview of the high school curriculum in history, literature, history of visual arts and orientation in contemporary art and socio-cultural overview. It is evaluated separately by two members of the commission designated for this part of the admission interviews from among internal and external teachers of the Department of Theory and History of Art. Applicants from abroad will be allowed to complete the interview in English, but in the case of successful acceptance, they will continue their studies in the Slovak language (minimum level B1 is required).
Tools needed at the admission exam:
drawing board in A2 size, charcoal stick, pencil, pen, ink, eraser, brushes, linocut gouge tools, adhesive tape, pushpins, crayons, tempera paints and similar, glue, pair of scissors, etc.
- Pijoan, J.: Dejiny umenia 1 – 10. Bratislava, 1982 – 1986.
- Pijoan, J.: Dejiny umenia 11 – 12. Bratislava, 2002.
- Gombrich, H. E.: Príbeh umenia. Bratislava, 2000.
- Rusinová, Z. (ed.): Dejiny slovenského výtvarného umenia – 20.storočie. Bratislava, 2000.
- Böhmerová, Z., Jančár, I.: Slovenská grafika 20. storočia, Bratislava.
- orientation in periodical specialised press on contemporary art, architecture, applied arts and design, culture and politics