Printmaking and other media
Requirements for entrance examination. Home assignments, further details of individual tasks, necessary tools
Requirements for portfolio
- study of the head 1:1 and figure from a life model (pencil, charcoal...)
- study of the figure – with a life model (pencil, charcoal …)
- works focusing on the applicant’s creativity and skills,
- motivation letter
How to submit works:
- After submitting the electronic application with annexes, the applicant uploads the digital version of his/her portfolio in the period between December 7, 2021 (from 12 a.m.) and December 10, 2021 (to 8 a.m.) via: https://ulozisko.vsvu.sk/,
- Access details and instructions will be sent no later than December 7, 2021 (to 12 a.m.) by e-mail to the addresses stated in the application. The portfolio and motivation letter must be included in one joint PDF format (maximum up to 10 MB) titled as name_surname_study printmaking. Individual works must be marked.
- The applicant brings the original versions of his/her portfolio directly to the second round of the admissions procedure.
Further details of individual tasks during the admission procedure:
- by the distance method, without the applicant’s physical presence
- the evaluation of the digital portfolio and motivation letter
- in person, with the participation of the applicant who advances to the second round from the first round. The second round of the admissions procedure lasts for two days.
- study from life
- topics focusing on the applicant’s creativity and skills
- free composition
- test focused on measuring the general secondary-school knowledge of history, literature, fine art history and the knowledge of contemporary art. If requested, it is possible for the applicants from abroad to take the test in English language. However, if they are admitted to study at AFAD, the studies continue in Slovak language.
- the interview before the admissions committee examines the applicant´s knowledge of the field he/she has applied to. The interview also includes a discussion about his/her portfolio.
Tools needed at the admission exam:
drawing board in A2 size, charcoal stick, pencil, pen, ink, eraser, brushes, linocut gouge tools, adhesive tape, pushpins, crayons, tempera paints and similar, glue, pair of scissors, etc.
- Pijoan, J.: Dejiny umenia 1 – 10. Bratislava, 1982 – 1986.
- Pijoan, J.: Dejiny umenia 11 – 12. Bratislava, 2002.
- Gombrich, H. E.: Príbeh umenia. Bratislava, 2000.
- Rusinová, Z. (ed.): Dejiny slovenského výtvarného umenia – 20.storočie. Bratislava, 2000.
- Böhmerová, Z., Jančár, I.: Slovenská grafika 20. storočia, Bratislava.
- orientation in periodical specialised press on contemporary art, architecture, applied arts and design, culture and politics