Graphics and other media – Requirements for entrance examination
Home assignments, further details of individual tasks, necessary tools
Requirements for home assignments – portfolio
- study of the head 1:1 and figure from life (pencil, charcoal...)
- works focusing on the applicant’s creativity and skills, a sketchbook
- a motivation letter
Form of the submission of works:
- After submitting the electronic application with annexes, the applicant uploads the digital version of his/her home assignments – his/her portfolio, together with the motivation letter, between January 19, 2021 (6 AM) and January 25, 2021 (8 AM) via: https://obhajoby.vsvu.sk; access details and instructions will be sent on January 18, 2021 by e-mail to the addresses specified in the application.
- The digital portfolio and motivation letter must be included in one joint PDF format (maximum up to 10 MB) titled name_surname_study programme of graphics. It is necessary to mark the individual works.
- The applicant brings the original versions of his/her home assignments – his/her portfolio directly to the 2nd round of the admission procedure.
Further details of individual tasks during the admission procedure:
- by the distance method, without the applicant’s physical presence
- the evaluation of the digital portfolio and motivation letter
- in person, with the participation of the applicant who advances to the 2nd round from the 1st round. The 2nd round of the admission procedure lasts two days.
- study from life
- topics focusing on the applicant’s creativity and skills
- a free composition
- an exam focusing on the general secondary-school knowledge of history, literature, art history and the knowledge of contemporary art. If requested, it is possible for the applicants from abroad to take the exam in English language. However, if they are admitted to study at AFAD, their studies continue in Slovak language.
- the applicant undergoes an interview with the admission committee, where he/she demonstrates his/her knowledge in the field he/she wants to study; a discussion about home assignments is part of the interview.
Tools needed at the admission exam:
a drawing board in A2 size, a charcoal stick, a pencil, a pen, ink, eraser, brushes, linocut gouge tools, adhesive tape, pushpins, crayons, tempera paints and similar, glue, a pair of scissors, etc.
- Pijoan, J.: Dejiny umenia 1 – 10. Bratislava, 1982 – 1986.
- Pijoan, J.: Dejiny umenia 11 – 12. Bratislava, 2002.
- Gombrich, H. E.: Príbeh umenia. Bratislava, 2000.
- Rusinová, Z. (ed.): Dejiny slovenského výtvarného umenia – 20.storočie. Bratislava, 2000.
- Böhmerová, Z., Jančár, I.: Slovenská grafika 20. storočia, Bratislava.
- orientation in periodical specialised press on contemporary art, architecture, applied arts and design, culture and politics