Online Open Doors Day 2021
We invite you to visit our departments and studios online! Due to the ongoing pandemic situation, this year we had to cancel our traditional and popular format - Open Doors Day, in which those interested in studying at the AFAD usually have the opportunity to visit our studios directly during classes and consult their works.
Online Open Doors Days will take place this year as a series of entries in the online space, from which you will learn more about studying at our academy or at each department and studio. Over the next few weeks, we will share information on where and how to learn more about the departments, so that you can at least get a glimpse of how it works in our academy. There will also be a live event, where you will be able to ask questions directly to professors and students. We will inform you about this date in time.
Follow our social networks – Facebook and Instagram!
If you are interested in what our students create in the studios during the semester, see the Digital Semester Exhibition, where we present student semester and final works for the second time now. Clicking on this link will take you to the Digital Semester Exhibition page.
Who can study at our academy and how is the study carried out? You will learn all this in this video!
Among other things, you will also learn:
- Does the AFAD offer accommodation to its students?
- How is the study carried out and how is it divided at the bachelor's degree?
- Is an external form of study possible?
- What are the possibilities of exchanges and internships abroad?
- What is the possible professional career of graduates of individual departments?
Online event: Presentation of the departments and studios with the possibility to ask our pedagogues questions
Schedule DOOD 2021
11 November 2021
- This is the link to join the DOOD online event, which will be on Wednesday, November 11, 2021
- If you do not have the MS Teams application, you can join the event directly from the Microsoft Edge browser.
Wednesday 10 November 2021
- 14:00 - 14:30 - Introduction. Studies at the AFAD. Admission process.
- 14:30 - 14:45 - Photography and New Media
- 14:45 - 15:00 - Visual communication
- 15:00 - 15:15 - Intermedia, specialization: Intermedia
- 15:15 - 15:30 - Intermedia, specialization: Sculpture
- 15:30 - 15:45 - Painting
- 15:45 - 16:00 - Design
- 16:00 - 16:30 - Q&A
Thursday 11 November 2021
- 14:00 - 14:05 - Introduction
- 14:05 - 14:20 - Architecture
- 14:20 - 14:35 - Conservation and Restoration
- 14:35 - 14:50 - Printmaking and Other Media
- 14:50 - 15:05 - Applied Arts, specialization: Jewellery
- 15:05 - 15:20 - Applied Arts, specialization: Glass
- 15:20 - 15:35 - Applied Arts, specialization: Ceramics
- 15:35 - 16:05 - Textiles
- 16:05 - 16:20 - Digital Arts
- 16:20 - 16:30 - Q&A
Where can you learn more about studying at our departments?
Browse the web sections of individual departments. After clicking on this link, you will get to the list of AFAD departments.
Many departments and studios have their own social media that are worth following if you want to know the life in a given workplace. You will find links on the website of each workplace.
Video presentations of the AFAD departments and studios:
Follow this section of the website as well as our social networks so that you always have the latest information.
We accept applications for bachelor's degree until November 30, 2021!
All necessary information regarding applications, admission process or online consultations can be found on our website in the section "Admissions – Bachelor studies"
If you still have questions that you did not find the answer to, we offer you the opportunity to send them to us via a message on social networks or to the address of the Support and Counseling Center for AFAD students in Bratislava – email@example.com.
You can find the electronic application on our website in the section "Online application"
Before sending the application, we invite you to consult your portfolio with our professors from the selected department.
You can find more information about the consultations at our departments on the website in the section "Consultations". Most departments currently offer consultations only in online form.
The first round of admission process will take place online at all departments.
The second round will take place in person, in two terms:
January 31, 2022 – February 1, 2022 (Study programs: Painting, Intermedia (specialization Intermedia - INTb.21I and specialization Sculpture, object, installation - INTb.21S), Photography and new media, Visual communication, Design)
February 3 – 4, 2022 (Study programs: Textils, Applied art (specialization Jewellery - UU1-We, Glass - UU2b-Il, Ceramics - UU3b-Pi), Printmaking and other media, Architecture, Condervation and restoration, Digital arts).